News and Events
- Postdoc Chenfei Wang started his own lab at Tongji University.
- The lab welcomes MS students Jack Kang (HSPH) and Cheryl Wong (HMS).
- The lab welcomes new technician Carly Tymm aand new Associate Computational Biologist Aria Dandawate.
- Aashna Jhaveri had her first baby!
- Chen-Hao Chen starts his new journey with Wuxi NextCode. Best wishes!
- Cynthia Chen will be a Harvard freshman this fall!
- Liu Lab welcomes summer intern Haowen Zhang from Virginia Tech!
- Taiwen and Jingxin’s TIMER2 paper was accepted to NAR. Congrats!
- Liu Lab welcome Senior Scientist Ming (Tommy) Tang!
- Postdoc Collin Tokheim was awarded the Damon Runyon Quantitative Biology Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Shirley gave a DFCI Connect Science seminar (scroll down to recorded past lectures)
- Shirley won the 2020 Benjamin Franklin Award for Open Access in the Life Sciences.
- Liu Lab welcome new scientist Yang Liu, who just obtained her CS PhD from Univ of Missouri, to the CIDC / PACT project.
- Congratulation to Len Taing on his new baby girl Abigail (meaning father’s joy)!
- Shirley was selected for the ISCB 2020 Innovator Award. Congratulations!
- Jingxin’s paper on reusing public data to model immunotherapy response and resistance was published in Genome Medicine.
- BIG PhD student Guanlan Dong started rotation in the lab.
- Our new lab admin Laura Ricci and program coordinator Holly Bartel started. Welcome!
- Chen-hao Chen’s paper on modeling transcription factor regulatory range in different TADs was accepted to Nature Communications!
- Liu Lab welcomes new visiting scholar Yang Cao, and MS student Scarlett Qian.
- Our LISA paper was accepted to Genome Biology!
- Our enhancer cistrome CRISPR screen paper is online at PNAS.
- Liu Lab lab was awarded a Sanofi Innovation Award.
- Liu Lab lab was awarded a DFCI / Takeda collaboration project
- Shirley gave the Nathaniel Berlin Lecture at Northwestern University.
- Shirley is an organizer for the Harvard PQG Conference on the Quantitative Challenges in Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy.
- Postdoc Zexian (Davis) had a baby girl Grace. Congrats!
- The Liu Lab welcomes new lab member Dian Li!
- Shirley gave the keynote talk at the Johns Hopkins Genomics and Bioinformatics symposium
- Another of Shirley Liu’s renewal of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation Investigator Award.
- Shirley gave a talk at the 22th Annual Meeting of Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Shirley is an organizer for the 6th Annual HMS Epigenetics & Gene Dynamics Annual Symposium
- LiuLab welcome new experimental postdoc Boning Zhang from Purdue University!
- The Liu Lab welcomes experimental postdoc Boning Zhang!
- Annual Retreat for the Center for Functional Cancer Epigenetics, with Bill Kaelin as the keynote speaker.
- Annual Liu Lab summer party with watergun fights on Chochituate State Park.
- Postdoc Peng Jiang started his own lab as an NIH Stadtman Investigator at NCI.
- New postdoc Yi Zhang (PhD from UIUC) just joined the lab. Welcome Yi!
- Our summer intern Cynthia Chen was awarded the 2019 Davidson Fellow.
- Avinash Sahu was awarded the Michelson Prize.
- Postdoc’s Amy Peng and Sherlock Hu left the Liu Lab to start working at BlueBird and GV20 Therapeutics.
- Our lab technician Nicole Traugh finished her work in the Liu Lab and will start her PhD at Tufts University this fall.
- We received the NCI R01 grant to identify regulators of cancer immunotherapy response.
- Shirley Liu organized the success DFCI Swirling lectures.
- Shirley Liu gave the Myra Samuels Memorial Lecture at Purdue University.
- Our Cistrome-GO paper was accepted to Nucleic Acids Research.
- Liu lab welcomes new postdoc Zexian (Davis) Zeng.
- We received the NCI ITCR U24 grant to continue development and maintenance of Cistrome.
- Our MAGeCKFlute pipeline for CRISPR screen analyses was published in Nature Protocol.
- Our TRUST BCR paper was published in Nat Genet, and highlighted by ACIR
- Shirley Liu was elected to a Fellow at the International Society for Computational Biology.
- Xihao (Sherlock) is the recipient of a Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (PICI) Scholar Award.
- Shirley delivered the keynote speech at the RECOMB/ISCB Conference on Regulatory & Systems Genomics with DREAM Challenges
- We welcome Aashna Jhaveri to join the Liu Lab and CIDC project.
- Peng’s TIDE algorithm is featured on DFCI Online
- Avinash Sahu is getting married!
- Updated Cistrome DB is published in NAR
- Xiaoqing Wang is the proud father of baby James!
- Rongbin’s Cistrome DB paper appeared online in Nucleic Acids Research.
- Xihao (Sherlock) and Jian’s paper on how to evaluate immune repertoire inference algorithms is published in Nat Biotech.
- Former Visiting scholar Jian Zhang’s immune repertoire paper in AML was published on Genome Medicine.
- Liu Lab welcomes postdocs Collin Tolkheim, Chenfei Wang, and Li Song.
- Liu Lab members gave talks at the Takeda Target Discovery conference, SAPA conference, CSHA Systems Biology of Gene Regulation meeting, and Chinese Systems Biology conference.
- Liu Lab welcomes visiting scholars Xiaoman Wang.
- Liu Lab participated in the second Jimmy Fund Walk to raise funding for DFCI.
- Binbin Wang’s paper on MAGeCKFlute pipeline for CRISPR screen analyses is accepted to Nature Protocol.
- Peng’s TIDE paper is published in Nature Medicine.
- The CIDC project has a new project manager, Joyce Hong.
- Shirley presented her CRISPR screen work at CRISPR genome editing conference in China and Italy.
- Chen-hao’s CRISPR screen design and analyses paper is accepted for publication in Bioinformatics.
- Shirley gave the plenary talk on cancer immunology at AACR annual meeting.
- Our NCI ITCR U01 grant on inferring tumor immune repertoire are recommended for funding.
- Wei Li started his assistant professor position at National Children’s Medical Center/ George Washington University
- Welcome Avinash Sahu, PhD Computer Science from U Maryland, as new postdoc in the lab.
- Our collaboration with Wucherpfeening Lab on CRISPR screens to identify genes modulating T-cell mediated cancer cell killing is published in Science.